Friday, August 15, 2014

FitFriday: Summer Vegetable Quinoa and Baked Herbed Chicken


Meal prep mondays.

Today I was feeling a little adventurous in the kitchen. I decided to make something yummy and healthy! :) 

SUMMER QUINOA SALAD
Ingredients:
*Vegetables (I used tomato, red and green bell peppers, zucchini)
*Mango (because I LOVE this fruit)
*Cilantro
*2 lemons
*salt and pepper
*Organic Quinoa


In a 400 degree oven, I roasted the veggies for 25 minutes.


Then i chopped them in cubes, along with the mango (chopped in cubes as well) and combined them with cooked quinoa ( Boil 1 part quinoa, 2 parts water).




I added salt, pepper and lemon to taste! 

Then, Voila! My version of Summer Quinoa Salad :)

 The crunch and tang of the mangoes perfectly balances with the saltiness and softness of the vegetables. 


Then i figures, i need some kind of protein with this salad, so i decided to make some meal with chicken in it.

BAKED GARLIC HERBED CHICKEN
Ingredients:
*McCormick Grill Mates: Garlic, Herb and Wine Marinade
*Lemon
*Chicken Breasts (2-3lbs)

Mix the marinade as directed in the back of the package and add some lemon juice.




Bake in a 375 degree oven for 40 minutes. 


Put them together in tupperwares, and there you go! Meal for a week!

 So you don't get tired of food like brocolli, chicken and rice combo. 


STAY HEALTHY!