Friday, August 8, 2014

FitFriday: Get Hydrated!



Whenever I don't feel good, Jeff always tells me "drink water". When my stomach or head aches, he tells me the same thing "drink water". When I feel tired from a run, he says "drink water".

 It feels like for anything, water is the cure. 

Water has so many benefits, I feel like I need to talk about it more often. 

But really, drinking water has helped me in so many ways. 

Why is drinking water so important?

  • Our body is composed of 60-70% water. We need water to function properly.
  • Drinking water aids in digestion and also prevents constipation.
  • At work, we give fluids to patients to detox them. Water flushes out toxins from our body and gets rid of our body waste in the form of sweat or urine.
  • Promotes healthy skin. 
  • It has helped me lose weight. How? It reduces hunger and makes you feel fuller, increases metabolism, removes fat by-products and has ZERO calories! 
  • Improves your overall mood. Trust me.
  • Lastly, it's free or cheaper than any other drinks (lattes, sodas, juice) 

So DRINK your water. I recommend buying the 1 gallon Camelbak bottle. I bring it EVERYWHERE and has helped me stay hydrated. It's currently $9.25 at Amazon. It's worth your money!