I must say that Thailand is one of my favorite Southeast Asian countries.
Originally, we were going to cancel our trip to Thailand because the country is under coup d 'etat (the military has taken over). We heard there were curfews, and we were scared that it might be dangerous to visit at this time. Honestly, it reminded me of the "Martial Law" in the Philippines under Marcos regime.
However, a friend who lives in the country informed us that it's still safe for tourists to go here. We ended up buying our plane tickets and staying almost a week in the heart of Bangkok.
We stayed at Arnoma Hotel. It was a perfect location because it was in the middle of the big shopping centers in Bangkok.
Every morning, we would leave the hotel and walk around to get breakfast. I kid you not, you will get full with just $2 (60 Baht) here.
Street foods galore!
Thai food, even from the beginning has been one of my favorites. I treated my palate to some authentic pad thai, curry, tom yum soups & other Thai delicacies when I visited the country!
Then, as most tourists who haven't been to Thailand or doesn't know anyone who lives her, we wind up getting a discounted tour from the Airport when we arrived. Some highlights of our tour are: Buddha temples, city tour, elephant village and the infamous floating markets.
After 5 days in Bangkok, i yearn to explore more of Thailand. It's just was not enough. I will definitely come back again and go to the old city of Ayutthaya.
Thailand is very rich in culture and I can't wait to learn more about it.







